Thursday, September 2, 2010

TECHNOLOGY

Last semester, while in my Journalism 175 class, we were asked to participate in a research study for my professor. I gladly participated in what some called a "horrible, never-ending experience."

What kind of study was conducted you ask? We simply had to live 24 hours without any form of technology. That included iPods, laptops, cell phones, digital clocks, televisions. You get the picture.

Ironically, my Journalism 289i class this semester is the complete opposite!
Therefore, I will research the use of technology by immigrants and compare it with the use of technology by their children, also known as first generation Americans.

Let's see how this works.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enrolled in JOUR175 this semester. When I saw that part of the syllabus, I almost freaked out! But I guess my reaction proved the point that a lot of people today are completely dependent on technology. I'm nervous about it and already think I can't do it, but we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I recently came across this article about giving up gadgets >> http://bit.ly/bOmmmz

    ReplyDelete